Some highlights from the latest report on social media in 2013 by Pew Research Center.
- 72% online adults use social networking sites.
- 42% online adults use multiple social networking sites and Facebook is the platform of choice.
- Facebook and Instagram users most likely to check in to the respective sites on daily basis.
- About 71% online adults are Facebook users.
- Pinterest has more female users, 4 times than men.
- LinkedIn is very popular among college graduates.
- Twitter and Instagram are more appealing to young urban adults.
- 63% of Facebook users visit the site at least once a day. 40% do so multiple times each day.
- Some 45% of internet users age 65 and above use Facebook.
- LinkedIn is the only social networking site for which usage among 50-64 year olds is higher than usage among those ages 18-29.
The full report is available at http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2013/Social-Media-Update/Main-Findings.aspx